As part of the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26), the G-PST Consortium hosted a session, at the U.S. Center, that brought together power sector leaders and several system operator CEOs to present on tangible results achieved through the G-PST Consortium since our launch in April 2021. Additionally, this session featured an announcement about a new G-PST Consortium initiative, supported by the United States Agency for International Development, focused on empowering women in power system transformation. We were honored to be joined by the following speakers:
- Mark Foley – CEO, EirGrid Group, Ireland
- Secretary Jennifer M. Granholm – Department of Energy, U.S.
- Elliot Mainzer – CEO, California Independent System Operator, U.S.
- Anne-Katrin Marten – Head of Operational Planning, 50Hertz Transmission, Germany
- Lee McDonough – Director General for Net Zero, Strategy, and International, Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy, U.K.
- Jonathan Pershing – Deputy Special Envoy for Climate, Department of State, U.S.
- Sinthya Roesly – CFO, PLN, Indonesia Fintan Slye – Director, National Grid ESO, U.K.
- Daniel Westerman – CEO, Australian Energy Market Operator, Australia
Please note: this recording was edited from its original version to smooth over technical issues.