The Global Power System Transformation Consortium (G-PST)’s Pillar 5, named “Open Data & Tools”, and LF Energy convened a group of developers from Réseau de Transport d’Électricité (RTE) France, the Fraunhofer Institute, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), and the University of Edinburgh to compare open-source tools available for analyzing power systems.
This event demonstrates a planning exercise using open-source power system analysis. Each package handles a step in a coordinated workflow to demonstrate tool interoperability and coordination, highlighting benefits and challenges of conducting analysis workflows with multiple tools.
- Clayton Barrows, Senior Engineer, NREL
- Benoît Jeanson, Enterprise Architect, Open-Source Program Office of RTE (French TSO), RTE France
- Maximilian Parzen, Director of PyPSA meets Earth Initiative, PhD Candidate at the University of Edinburgh
- Roman Bolgaryn, Researcher at Fraunhofer Institute
- Nicolas Omont, Vice President of Operations at Artelys
- Moderator: Juha Kiviluoma, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland